Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.6.26-74.0 on September 15, 2015. Download the latest version from the Percona web site or from the Percona Software Repositories.
Based on MySQL 5.6.26, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.26-74.0 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. Percona Server is open-source and free – and this is the latest release of our enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL. Complete details of this release can be found in the 5.6.26-74.0 milestone on Launchpad.
- TokuDB storage engine source has been merged into the Percona Server code. TokuDB storage engine
tokudb_version variable now has the same value as the Percona Server
- TokuDB Hot Backup has been renamed to Percona TokuBackup and it is now open source. Source code has been integrated into Percona Server code as a git submodule. TokuDB Hot Backup plugin source code has been merged into Percona Server code.
- Tokutek Fractal Tree has been renamed to Percona FT and its source code has been integrated into Percona Server code as a git submodule.
- TokuDB tests for Percona Server 5.6 have been merged into Percona Server 5.6 code.
- Google SNAPPY compression/decompression algorithm is now available as TokuDB Compression table format.
- Percona Server now supports changing the
server_id variable per session, by implementing the new
pseudo_server_id variable. This feature is also fixing upstream bug #35125.
- Percona Server has temporarily disabled savepoints in triggers and stored functions. The reason is that even having fixed bug #1438990 and bug #1464468 we have found more cases where savepoints in triggers break binary logging and replication, resulting in server crashes and broken slaves. This feature will be disabled until the above issues are properly resolved.
LOCK TABLES FOR BACKUP now flushes the current binary log coordinates to InnoDB. Thus, under active
LOCK TABLES FOR BACKUP, the binary log coordinates in InnoDB are consistent with its redo log and any non-transactional updates (as the latter are blocked by
LOCK TABLES FOR BACKUP). It is planned that this change will enable Percona XtraBackup to avoid issuing the more invasive
LOCK BINLOG FOR BACKUP command under some circumstances.
innodb_stress has been added to the list of default MTR suites. For most supported systems satisfying the newly added dependencies is straightforward, but on CentOS 5, the default Python is too old. Thus
python26-mysqldb packages should be installed there and
python26 should be made the default python for the testsuite environment.
- Three new TokuDB variables,
tokudb_checkpoint_pool_threads, have been implemented to improve the controlling of thread pool size.
- Percona Server has implemented new
tokudb_enable_partial_eviction option in TokuDB to allow disabling of partial eviction of nodes.
- Percona Server has implemented new
tokudb_compress_buffers_before_eviction option in TokuDB which allows the evictor to compress unused internal node partitions in order to reduce memory requirements as a first step of partial eviction before fully evicting the partition and eventually the entire node.
GLOBAL_TEMPORARY_TABLES table would crash threads working with internal temporary tables used by
ALTER TABLE. Bug fixed #1113388.
- Selecting from
GLOBAL_TEMPORARY_TABLES table while running an online
ALTER TABLE on a partitioned table in parallel could lead to a server crash. Bug fixed #1193264.
- Kill Idle Transactions feature could cause an assertion on a debug build due to a race condition. Bug fixed #1206008.
libmylsqclient_16 symbols were missing in Percona Server shared library package on RHEL/CentOS 7. Bug fixed #1420691.
- Prepared statements in stored procedures could crash Response Time Distribution plugin. Bug fixed #1426345.
- When variable
innodb_corrupt_table_action is set to
Warn/Salvage then server could crash on updating table statistics during query execution on affected tables. Bug fixed #1426610.
- A sequence of failing
TRUNCATE TABLE, then insert to that table, and
CHECK TABLE would crash the server. Bug fixed #1433197.
- When InnoDB change buffering was enabled and used, executing a
FLUSH TABLE ... FOR EXPORT would cause a server hang and
SHOW PROCESSLIST would show that table in a
System Lock state. Bug fixed #1454441 (upstream #77011).
FLUSH INDEX_STATISTICS /
FLUSH CHANGED_PAGE_BITMAPS and
FLUSH USER_STATISTICS /
RESET CHANGE_PAGE_BITMAPS pairs of commands were inadvertently joined, i.e. issuing either command had the effect of both. The first pair, besides flushing both index statistics and changed page bitmaps, had the effect of
FLUSH INDEX_STATISTICS requiring
SUPER instead of
RELOAD privilege. The second pair resulted in
FLUSH USER_STATISTICS destroying changed page bitmaps. Bug fixed #1472251.
super_read_only together with
my.cnf would result in server crashing on startup. The workaround is to enable
super_read_only dynamically on a running server.Bug fixed #1389935 ( the fix was ported from Facebook patch #14d5d9).
super_read_only as a command line option would not enable
read_only. Bug fixed #1389935 ( the fix was ported from Facebook patch #14d5d9).
- If a new connection thread was created while a
SHOW PROCESSLIST command or a
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.PROCESSLIST query was in progress, it could have a negative
TIME_MS value returned in the
PROCESSLIST output. Bug fixed #1379582.
- With support for Fake Changes enabled, a write to an InnoDB table that would cause B-tree reorganization could lead to server assertion with the
unknown error code 1000. Bug fixed #1410410.
ALTER TABLE ... DISCARD TABLESPACE with support for Fake Changes enabled would lead to a server assertion. Bug fixed #1372219.
ALTER TABLE did not allow to change a column to
NOT NULL if the column was referenced in a foreign key. Bug fixed #1470677 (upstream #77591).
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS which fails due to a foreign key presence could break replication if slave had replication filters. Bug fixed #1475107 (upstream #77684).
- Enabling Log Archiving for XtraDB when
--innodb-read-only option was enabled would cause server to crash. Bug fixed #1484432.
- LRU manager thread flushing was being accounted to
buffer_flush_background InnoDB metrics which was wrong and redundant. Bug fixed #1491420.
- Fixed a typo in the cleaner thread loop where
n_flushed is added to, instead of reset, by the idle server flushing. This may cause a cleaner thread sleep skip on a non-idle server. Bug fixed #1491435.
- Running TokuDB for a long time with lots of file open and close operations could lead to a server crash due to server incorrectly setting a reserved value. Bug fixed #690.
- Fixed TokuDB memory leak due to data race in context status initialization. Bug fixed #697.
- Removed unnecessary calls to
malloc_usable_size() function in PerconaFT library to improve the performance. Bug fixed #682.
Other bugs fixed: #1370002, #1464468, #1287299, #1472256, #867, #870, #878, #658, #661, #663, #665, #687, #696, #698, #870, #685, and #878.
Release notes for Percona Server 5.6.26-74.0 are available in the online documentation. Please report any bugs on the launchpad bug tracker .
The post Percona Server 5.6.26-74.0 is now available appeared first on MySQL Performance Blog.