Percona is glad to announce the GA release of Percona Server 5.7.12-5 on June 6, 2016. Download the latest version from the Percona web site or from the Percona Software Repositories.
Based on MySQL 5.7.12, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.7.12-5 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.7 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.7.12-5 milestone at Launchpad.
MEMORY storage engine did not support
JSON columns. Bug fixed #1536469.
- When Read Free Replication was enabled for TokuDB and there was no explicit primary key for the replicated TokuDB table there could be duplicated records in the table on update operation. The fix disables Read Free Replication for tables without explicit primary key and does rows lookup for
DELETE binary log events and issues warning. Bug fixed #1536663 (#950).
- Attempting to execute a non-existing prepared statement with Response Time Distribution plugin enabled could lead to a server crash. Bug fixed #1538019.
- TokuDB was using using different memory allocators, this was causing safemalloc warnings in debug builds and crashes because memory accounting didn’t add up. Bug fixed #1546538 (#962).
- Adding an index to an InnoDB temporary table while
expand_fast_index_creation was enabled could lead to server assertion. Bug fixed #1554622.
- Percona Server was missing the
innodb_numa_interleave server variable. Bug fixed #1561091 (upstream #80288).
SHOW STATUS in parallel to online buffer pool resizing could lead to server crash. Bug fixed #1577282.
- InnoDB crash recovery might fail if
innodb_flush_method was set to
ALL_O_DIRECT. Bug fixed #1529885.
- Fixed heap allocator/deallocator mismatch in Metrics for scalability measurement. Bug fixed #1581051.
- Percona Server is now built with system zlib library instead of the older bundled one. Bug fixed #1108016.
- CMake would fail if TokuDB tests passed. Bug fixed #1521566.
- Reduced the memory overhead per page in the InnoDB buffer pool. The fix was based on Facebook patch #91e979e. Bug fixed #1536693 (upstream #72466).
CREATE TABLE ... LIKE ... could create a system table with an unsupported enforced engine. Bug fixed #1540338.
- Change buffer merge could throttle to 5% of I/O capacity on an idle server. Bug fixed #1547525.
- Parallel doublewrite memory was not freed with
innodb_fast_shutdown was set to
2. Bug fixed #1578139.
- Server will now show more descriptive error message when Percona Server fails with
errno == 22 "Invalid argument", if
innodb_flush_method was set to
ALL_O_DIRECT. Bug fixed #1578604.
- The error log warning
Too many connections was only printed for connection attempts when
max_connections + one SUPER have connected. If the extra
SUPER is not connected, the warning was not printed for a non-SUPER connection attempt. Bug fixed #1583553.
apt-cache show command for
percona-server-client was showing
innotop included as part of the package. Bug fixed #1201074.
- A replication slave would fail to connect to a master running 5.5. Bug fixed #1566642 (upstream #80962).
- Upgrade logic for figuring if TokuDB upgrade can be performed from the version on disk to the current version was broken due to regression introduced when fixing bug #684 in Percona Server 5.7.11-4. Bug fixed #717.
- Fixed jemalloc version parsing error. Bug fixed #528.
ALTER TABLE was run while
tokudb_auto_analyze variable was enabled it would trigger auto-analysis, which could lead to a server crash if
ALTER TABLE DROP KEY was used because it would be operating on the old table/key meta-data. Bug fixed #945.
tokudb_pk_insert_mode session variable has been deprecated and the behavior will be that of the former
tokudb_pk_insert_mode set to
1. The optimization will be used where safe and not used where not safe. Bug fixed #952.
- Bug in TokuDB Index Condition Pushdown was causing
ORDER BY DESC to reverse the scan outside of the
WHERE bounds. This would cause query to hang in a
sending data state for several minutes in some environments with large amounts of data (3 billion records) if the
ORDER BY DESC statement was used. Bugs fixed #988, #233, and #534.
Other bugs fixed: #1510564 (upstream #78981), #1533482 (upstream #79999), #1553166, #1496282 (#964), #1496786 (#956), #1566790, #718, #914, #937, #954, #955, #970, #971, #972, #976, #977, #981, #982, #637, and #982.
NOTE: X Plugin is a part of the MySQL community server so it’s part of the Percona Server 5.7.12-5 release as well. But users will need to install MySQL Shell from official MySQL repositories.
Release notes for Percona Server 5.7.12-5 are available in the online documentation. Please report any bugs on the launchpad bug tracker .